Parade for Families of Anna Maria & Kensington Nursing Home Residents! 6/16 @ 2pm
We wanted to provide some more details about the parade of cars we are planning at 2:00pm on Tuesday, 6/16, for nursing facility residents at Anna Maria and Kensington.
The general idea is to create an event that is safe and in compliance, but at the same time allowing the residents to visit with their loves ones and enjoy a nice day. The visit will, of course, be a brief one and at a distance, as families will remain in their cars as they drive by slowly.
For the residents, the event will consist of decorating wheelchairs/walkers, a picnic lunch, the parade of cars, followed by an ice cream social back in the nursing facilities. There will also be live music during the event.
We are encouraging families to decorate their cars to add to the festivities. We thought families could start arriving at 1:30pm to begin to line up down the Anna Maria drive before the parade begins at 2pm—and to allow some time to decorate their cars. Note: families would need to bring their own decorations. Have fun decorating, as we will award a prize to the “best-dressed” car. Attached a diagram of the Campus, highlighting the parade route and staging area. Basically, you’ll enter at the main Anna Maria entrance and end at the Kensington entrance (where the new stop light is located).
Please RSVP to Amber Reed at email@example.com, so we will have an idea of how many cars we need to plan for. In the event of inclement weather, we’ll plan on holding the parade the following week—Tuesday, 6/23, 2pm.
Basic Guidelines to follow:
- Arrive at 1:30pm to allow time to decorate your car and/or time to begin parade at 2pm.
- No physical contact between residents & families in the parade and no exchanging of any items, etc.
- You can circle the route as many times as you would like, but the parade will end at 3pm.
We hope to see you on Tuesday!
Parade for Families of Nursing Home Residents!
Save the date! Tuesday, June 16 at 2:00pm!
For nursing home residents and their families… We are planning a parade of cars (families driving by slowly in their cars) through the Campus parking lot. The plan is to have as many residents outside as possible (masked and socially distanced) along the route. More details to come, but please save the date!
Outside Visitation – Assisted & Independent Living – Begins Monday, June 8
Dear Families and Responsible Parties of our Residents:
I’d like to provide information on outdoor visitation for our assisted and independent living residents, beginning on Monday, June 8. Please note: Outdoor visitation for our nursing home residents remains restricted at this time. We’ll continue with Skype and window visits for the time being.
- Visitation will be by appointment only. The facility has established an account on SignUpGenius to provide a convenient mechanism to set up appointments. To Set your appointment, go to https://www.signupgenius.com/findasignup and enter this email address into the box labeled “Search for a Sign Up”: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that there are various ads that attempt to have you click on them, but ignore them and just scroll down to get started setting visitation appointments. Lisa McFarland, Assisted Living Activities Director, will be managing the appointment schedule. If you need help, you can call Lisa at (330) 562-6171. Also note that we’ve provided the schedule through June and you may have to click to additional pages to see the entire month. Please do not schedule more than 2 visits per week at this time.
- The visitation location is the newly installed patio at the back assisted living entrance (cul de sac). There is a large umbrella to provide shade and cover in inclement weather.
- Both residents and visitors will have to wear masks, and remain 6 feet apart. We ask that visitors bring their own face masks, although we will have masks available if you do not have one. A facility staff member will monitor the visit in terms of screening visitors (taking temperature & asking a few questions regarding signs & symptoms, maintaining a visitor log) as well sanitizing of furniture before and after the visit.
- Visits will be for a maximum of 25 minutes, allowing the staff member a few minutes to sanitize before the next visit.
- Current days and times: Mondays, 9am to noon; Wednesdays, 3pm to 7pm; Saturdays, 10am to 2pm.
- Visitations will be limited to 3 visitors per visit and two visits per week. Children are welcome as long as they are supervised and following these guidelines.
- No food or beverages shall be permitted during the visitation. All items brought from home for a resident must follow our drop off policy (main entrance). Since we are a no-smoking campus, smoking is also not allowed. Pets are also not allowed due to the temptation to break the 6 foot rule.
Again, we will adjust the visitation program along the way to the needs of you and your loved one.
As always, please contact me with any questions. (330) 562-6171.
Aaron Baker, Administrator/Owner
Check out our “Healthcare Heroes” Video! Many, Many thanks for all of your Support!
May Family Matters Newsletter
Please check out the May edition of our Family Matters Newsletter!
← Older postsNewer posts →