Interested in being a volunteer?
Providing high quality care and service depends on people working together toward a common mission. Fortunately, the Anna Maria community includes many dedicated individuals who offer valuable, life-affirming interaction between residents and the community at large.
Our volunteers include adults, seniors and students, as well as groups from churches, home bureaus and other organizations. They make a measurable difference in the lives of residents, contributing time and talent to support the social, emotional and spiritual needs of those in our care.
The essential characteristic common to each successful volunteer is a personal commitment to serving others. A wide range of opportunities is available to individual volunteers’ interests, talents and preferences. These include:
- Friendly visiting
- Talent sharing
- Reading and assistance with letter-writing
- Program presentations
- Resident transport to in-house activities
- Activities, special events and crafts assistance
- Spiritual life and worship enhancement
- Pet therapy
- Assisting with fund-raising for resident activities