Interested in being a volunteer?
Providing high quality care and service depends on people working together toward a common mission. Fortunately, the Anna Maria community includes many dedicated individuals who offer valuable, life-affirming interaction between residents and the community at large.
Our volunteers include adults, seniors and students, as well as groups from churches, home bureaus and other organizations. They make a measurable difference in the lives of residents, contributing time and talent to support the social, emotional and spiritual needs of those in our care.
The essential characteristic common to each successful volunteer is a personal commitment to serving others. A wide range of opportunities is available to individual volunteers’ interests, talents and preferences. These include:
- Friendly visiting
- Talent sharing
- Reading and assistance with letter-writing
- Program presentations
- Resident transport to in-house activities
- Activities, special events and crafts assistance
- Spiritual life and worship enhancement
- Pet therapy
- Assisting with fund-raising for resident activities
Fill out the form below for more information.
Student Volunteer Program
Anna Maria of Aurora offers the opportunity for young people ages 16 and older to make a difference in the lives of older adults through service and learning volunteer programs.
High school students can obtain valuable community service experience through their participation in supervised activities such as:
- Visiting Residents: One-on-one visits with a resident
- Game time with a resident: Coordinate a variety of table games, such as: checkers, cards, Yahtzee, Uno, etc.
- “Computer Buddy”: Surf the net, email family and friends or play computer games with residents.
- Pet care Program: the Anna Maria Campus is home to various pets that bring to our residents the opportunity to love and nurture. Students can help the resident to care and play with these pets .
- Special Events Assistants: Students can have fun by joining the staff with one-time events for Fundraising and Holidays – Easter Egg hunt, car shows, chili cook-off with Aurora Firemen; etc.
- Resident Companions: Assist residents to and from the Beauty Shop and Rehab Services, walks around the gardens, etc.We encourage students to experience the rewards and satisfaction of giving the precious gift of yourself to others. Make new friends while learning lessons and history from our ‘friendly residents’. For more information call the Activities Department (330) 562-6171 and ask for Lisa McFarland.