Anna Maria was founded in 1965 by Robert and Loretta Norton as a small nursing home with the philosophy of “a sincere belief in the worth and dignity of every human life”.
Over 55 years later the family tradition of caring and quality services continues under the direction of their two sons, Robert and George, who have owned and operated Anna Maria since 1982. Since their involvement, a full continuum of care is available on what is now called The Campus of Anna Maria, located on 70+ scenic acres in Aurora, Ohio. Today, third generation family members Chris Norton and Aaron Baker are Administrators and Owners.
The sincere belief in the worth and dignity of every human life.
It is the Vision of the Campus of Anna Maria to continue to grow and prosper as a family owned and operated continuing care community by providing quality resident-centered care with warmth and compassion by encouraging and promoting well-being and independence across all settings, by sustaining and supporting an exceptional staff, by offering enriching, safe, dignified and home-like living environments, and by delivering outstanding, unsurpassed service to residents, their families and fellow staff members.
Every Resident. Every Family. Every Day.
- We value placing resident needs first and foremost
- We value delivering quality care to our residents
- We value the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of residents
- We value the delivery of exceptional service to residents
- We value each resident’s individuality and background
- We value each resident’s privacy
- We value each resident’s belongings
- We value what we can learn from our residents
- We value our residents’ opinions and preferences
- We value celebrating our residents’ successes
- We value the abilities, strengths, and contributions of our residents
- We value the confidence and trust families place in us to care for their loved ones
- We value the privilege to care for the loved one of a family member
- We value the concerns of family members
- We value the importance of communication with family members
- We value creating a home-like, family-friendly environment
- We value and understand the difficult transition involved with placing a loved one in our community
- We value the role of residents’ families in their well-being
- We value the staff as a cohesive team
- We value the ongoing, daily commitment to the residents
- We value honesty and integrity—all the time, and in everything we do
- We value hard work and the satisfaction of serving our residents derived from it
- We value consistency in our work and in our attendance
- We value the respect we show residents, family members and other staff
- We value positive attitudes
- We value empathy and compassion
- We value regulatory compliance and strive to meet and surpass all applicable rules and regulations
- We value loyalty
- We value dedication
- We value providing a safe environment
- We value education and training
- We value the satisfaction of residents, family members and staff
- We value creating a comfortable and attractive living environment
We invite you to come home to Anna Maria of Aurora. Call us today for further information or make an appointment for a private tour. (330) 562-6171.