Nursing home visitation begins on Monday, 3/22/21. Families can visit with their loved one IN the resident’s room. Assisted and independent living visitation, currently held in Norwood “B,” will revert to in-room visits on Wednesday, 3/24/21. Additionally, residents are permitted to leave the facility and not be quarantined upon return. The new visitation rules are not predicated on the vaccination status of visitors or residents.
Already scheduled virtual visits will be converted to indoor visits. ALL VISITS MUST BE SCHEDULED THROUGH THE SignUpGenius link (see blue boxes to right). No walk-ins permitted.
Please schedule your visits on SignUpGenius by at least 3:00pm the day before (Monday through Friday), so the facility is informed. Sign-ups on SignUpGenius will close each Friday at 3pm, and reopen Monday mornings. In addition, please indicate on SignUpGenius whether your loved one has a roommate or not—we may have to make arrangements for a private space outside of the resident’s room when there is a roommate.
It’s critical that we follow the below guidelines with the new program:
- Visits must continue to be scheduled. Go to the SignUpGenius link
- Visitors must continue to be screened by the facility (checking in with staff, temperature, exposure questions, etc.) at the main entrance of Anna Maria (nursing home) and the back entrance (by cul-de-sac) for Assisted/Independent Living. Note that visitors will NOT be COVID tested.
- Visitation can only occur during visiting hours; they will be one hour in length; and there will be a maximum of 2 visitors per resident per visit.
- Nursing Home Visitation Schedule
- Monday – Friday: 9am to 11am; 1pm to 4pm; 6pm to 7pm
- Saturday and Sundays: 9am to 11am; 1pm to 3pm
- Assisted / Independent Living Visitation Schedule
- Mondays: 9am to 11am; 3:30pm to 7:30pm
- Wednesdays: 3:30pm to 7:30pm
- Saturdays: 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Two visits are allowed per week per resident. Please do not sign up for more than two visits per week to allow other families the opportunity to visit.
- Visitors must wear a surgical or N95 mask (no cloth masks) and must be at least 3 years old. Continuing to social distance is recommended, but if you do not, handwashing/sanitizing is required.
- No food or drink as this would require the removal of mask which must be worn at all times during the visit.
- Pets ARE permitted to visit. There is no COVID-19-related prohibition on pets or therapy animals entering a facility, as they may be of great benefit to socially isolated residents.
- Visitation will remain restricted for newly admitted residents (first 14 days) during the quarantine period. Compassionate care visits are still allowed during the quarantine period. Note that a fully vaccinated new resident does not require quarantine, and therefore would be able to have regular scheduled visitation.
- Families can take the resident out of the facility for up to a few hours with the resident not having to quarantine upon return. Effectively, this opens the opportunity for residents to leave the facility to visit family (i.e., visit with more than two people; visit those under the age of three, etc.).
Please keep in mind that if a resident or staff member tests positive moving forward, that would place the facility in “outbreak” mode. Once in outbreak mode, visitation will have to be suspended, maybe on a particular unit, or maybe across the entire facility, based on the scope and nature of the outbreak.
Families will continue to be informed with any updates via email from Aaron Baker and Chris Norton.