We are pleased to report that we can resume family/resident visitation on Wednesday, 10/21/2020 as long as our testing remains negative. If we do receive any positive results, visitation will need to be delayed.
We have received the official indoor visitation guidelines from the Ohio Department. of Health, so we will transition the current SignUpGenius schedule to the main lobby areas at Anna Maria and Kensington, and Norwood “B” for assisted and independent living. If you have visits scheduled, you will keep the same date and time. We will have two visitation stations in the lobby. However, the new indoor visitation rules only permit 2 visitors. Since outdoor visitation allowed 3 visitors, families that have scheduled 3 visitors will have reduce this to two for remaining visitation in October and thereafter. We will adjust the SignUpGenius for November visitation scheduling to accommodate only two visitors.
Unfortunately, Portage County, due primarily to spread at Kent State University, has surpassed a 5% positivity rate, so we must continue weekly testing of all employees and contractors until this rates drops below 5%. The overall county risk level will not impact visitation at this time. However, if the positivity rate reaches 10%, visitation will have to be suspended.
More on indoor visitation. Since we must comply with both state and federal indoor visitation rules, the below guidelines combine the two:
- Visitors must wear a surgical/procedural mask or ventilator mask (cloth masks are not permitted). The facility will provide surgical masks if visitors cannot bring their own.
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet) and no physical contact.
- Limit of 2 visitors per visit; and a limit of 2 visitations per week per resident.
- Visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance (SignUpGenious) and take place in the designated area—the main lobby of Anna Maria.
- The same screening will continue (temperature, exposure questions, etc.). It’s critically important to not visit if you’ve been exposed—at least until 14 days has passed.
- Visits must be overseen by staff
- Children must be at least three years old and be able to wear a face covering and socially distance.
- Visits will continue to be 25 minutes in length
- Newly admitted residents must be quarantined for 14 days and cannot have visitation until the quarantine period is over.
- Testing of visitors may be implemented in the future, but there is not enough testing capacity at this time.